How Can I Cook Seafood Boil In An Oven?
Want to have a meal that’s easy to cook and bursting with so many flavors? A seafood boil is an answer. It’s like that one, show-stopping recipe that is the highlight of the event, and never fails to delight. And of course, no one can resist the aroma of the crab boil and shrimp in delicious seasoning.
What is a Seafood boil?
Seafood Boil contains crab, clams, lobster, shrimp, crawfish, potatoes, corn, sausages, and more ingredients cooked in the delicious broth. It’s the main course meal, cooked in one big pot, and enough to feed a group or more people. And you must’ve heard about the popularity of the crab boil in the coastal regions of the US, and people there love to go out and eat seafood at restaurants. Speaking of which, Red Crab juicy seafood is also one of the famous restaurants in Greensboro and has a chain of outlets all across the US.
And here’s my personal opinion if you ask me, there are so many family gatherings and events at which I’ve made the seafood boil for family and friends and got so many compliments. The Seafood Boil never fails to give us the savory deliciousness which we all crave.
In case you don’t prefer boiling crab and wondering if you can cook seafood boil in an oven, then here’s the answer, you totally can! Just don’t boil your seafood, and cook it in the oven instead. Whether you want to make the crab boil or classic seafood boil, there are so many recipes to bake them as well. All you have to do is mix the sauce and the raw seafood together on a sheet pan, place it inside the oven to bake it, and wait until all the ingredients are properly cooked. See, easy and hassle-free! no newspapers, bags, or anything else needed, and of course, there’d be no mess to clean.
It’s a mess-free way with a single sheet pan only!
It’s nothing new about it as there are so many people who prefer to eat baked seafood than boiling crab, shrimp, etc. They like the warm, baked flavors oozing out of the savory seafood, and there’s no match to it. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t experienced the infamous seafood boil of some fancy restaurant, you can easily make it at the comfort of home and enjoy the incredible flavor.
And the best part, it doesn’t require the best crab legs fresh out of water or the pricy snow crab to make it, you can work with whatever seafood is easily available to you.
Here we are sharing our favorite recipe of Seafood Boil in the Oven. Have a look at it!
- 2 lbs King crab legs
- 1 Snow crab legs
- 6 Lobster tails
- ½ Jumbo shrimp (shell on or off)
- 3 sticks of butter
- 8 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 big lemons
- 6 red potatoes (cut into quarter pieces, wedges, or any other shape you like)
- 3 corn on the cob
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- one tablespoon hot or regular old bay seasoning
- 1 tbsp smoked or regular paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Parsley for garnishing
Note that you can sub out or add other seafood of your choice as well.
- Clean your oven and preheat it to 350F. Meanwhile, add 4 quartz of water into a large pot and make it boil. When it’s boiled, add potatoes and cover the lid. Then, cook it for 10 minutes. Add corn to the same pot and cook it for 5 minutes more. Turn off the stove and place the pot on the side.
- Take a medium-sized skillet or the one you usually use at home and melt butter at medium temperature. When it’s perfectly melted, add garlic to it and cook for a minute. Then add paprika, old bay, cajun seasoning, and lastly sugar. Continuously stir while adding all the seasoning and cook for 2 minutes only. Squeeze one lemon to it and set it on the side.
- Take 2 baking pans or sheets and place all the seafood, corn, and potatoes on them. Take the skillet and pour the sauce over the baking pan so it covers seafood and vegetables completely.
- Cover pans with the foil, place it inside the oven and bake it for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven, take off the foil and just place it back for 5 more minutes
- And it’s done! Garnish with parsley and lemon slices. Enjoy with friends and family!
Prep Time – 15 minutes.
Cooking Time – 30 minutes.
Loaded with tons of flavor and easy to make, we hope you have a great time making and eating this baked seafood boil. The cajun butter sauce isn’t too overpowering and gives the perfect taste to the seafood and vegetables. Try it and share with us how it turned out. You’ll be proud of yourself that you discovered this recipe.